Tuesday, March 23, 2010

TURNING SCOUSE HEADS.

Just seen this on telly, I think it is awesome, it is called ‘Turning The Place Over’ and it is ironic that it is situated in Liverpool where most places get turned over at some point
 Turning the Place Over
It is a sculpture by local artist Richard Wilson that utilises engineering usually used in the nuclear industry to rotate a section of a derelict building in a dramatic fashion, turning it inside out. It has been done to herald the 2008 Liverpool City of Culture.
I like a bit of big art, but I am also too northern not to mention the cost, and this was set up at £450,000. The installation will only be up for a few months until the building is demolished, and I just think someone has made a shed load out of this, because I  know as a piece of engineering, that didn’t cost nearly half a million quid. Maybe Richard Wilson did really well out of it.
Wasn’t Richard Wilson that old git who kept moaning on telly and said “I don’t believe it?

No comments: